06 August 2012

Final Preparations

So, I haven't been doing so well with posting to my Blog this year...I know!  No excuses.  Regardless, we are here and the final preparations have begun.  We arrived in Colorado this weekend and today was my first altitude ride.  Rode from Vail up the Vail Pass and then back.  Finished with just over 30 miles, hit a top speed of just over 42 miles per hour, and at one point was crushing the pedals and my lungs trying to maintain 10 mph up one of the climbs!  Shew, the first one always hurts!  Oh, did I mention the temps out here?  Holy cow, woke up to high 40's and wow, the joints were reminding me of how they do not like the cold when I first started riding! HA!  Supposed to be a high in the low 70's today with 60% chance of rain this afternoon.

The Krew began to assemble over the weekend as Jandy, Ken, Jennifer, and Bryce joined Julie, Alec, Brady and myself.  My mom and dad will arrive on Thursday (the "Newbies") and then we expect to see Gary and Shelli some time before race day as well.  You'd think we'd done this before, huh?  

Donations seem to be progressing okay.  I believe I will be a far cry from the original goal but boy, it sure would be awesome to be able to reach at least the same level of funds raised as last year...$10,000+!!!  So, I need your help.  Send me a note, add a comment to this post, or better yet, visit www.kaileyskrew.org a donation online.  If you are a "FaceBooker", you can go to Kailey's Krew - Pedal of Hope page and "LIKE".  Once you do that, you'll receive updates as Jandy and Julie post from the Start, 26 mile, 40 mile, 60 mile, 74 mile, and Finish.  And they will post more than just how I am doing...they have a great time keeping everyone updated on the action.

Speaking of Action, the latest word from Leadville is that the field of riders this year will be very fast and records will be broken.  Well, as long as that is all that gets broken, I'm good with that!  ;)

Okay, stay tuned daily as I will post each day this week with an update of my final tune-up before we give it heck on Saturday!

Saddle Up, Dig Deep,and Ride Hard!

TNT OUT -

No comments:

Post a Comment