20 June 2011

I'm Back...

Hey there everyone.  Sorry for the disappearing act since my last post to the Blog.  I was out for the weekend attending a class for work.  Unfortunately it didn't allow me any time to train but it's all good.  A couple days of rest never hurts...does it?  Besides, now I am HazMat Ops certified?  Hmm, that and a $1.50 might just get me a small cup of juice at the local diner!  Ha-ha!
I was back at it this afternoon/evening.  Put in 44 miles and about 2 hours and 45 minutes or so in the saddle.  Juls got to practice her "support crew" requirements as I was completely out of fluids at about the 1 hour and 30 minute mark.  She managed to find me out in the country and we did the continuous movement water bottle fill...it's a pretty cool move, maybe we will demonstrate it some day and post a short video...or not!
Hey, quick note about some of the other support.  I stopped by the shop today and we finalized the new team jersey.  I think it will be pretty darn awesome.  Thanks R& M Cyclery and all the crew there!  You guys are awesome!
So if you are wondering about the "sponsors"...let me start with FCA Endurance.  Sort of found FCA Endurance through another search.  Kailey was an active member of the FCA program and FCA has been a very big part of the Wilmarth family for many years.  In addition, my boys have been active participants of the programs in their respective schools and so I thought I'd reach out and check into getting involved and getting FCA involved with Kailey's Krew Pedal of Hope.  Long story shortened...now I am a member of the FCA Endurance Team and after a few messages with Chris Anderson and Joseph Dannelly, I am looking forward to my work with FCA Endurance not only as I prepare for this race but for what it will be afterwards.
One more acknowledgement...The Right Stuff!  So, if you've looked at my previous postings, you may have picked up on my problem I was encountering with dehydration. Yah, not fun.  So a representative of The Right Stuff attended our Adventure Racing Camp (I race with High Profile Adventure Racing) and talked about their product.  I decided to give it a try as Leadville, the 2010 Berryman, and then even training rides were starting to show a trend of dehydration-related problems...cramping is not fun!  Thanks David Belaga and I look forward to a long relationship with The Right Stuff!
And finally, one more thought before I sign-off for the night.  To Gary and Shelli, I say thank you for letting me part of Kailey's Krew.  It's such a small thing that I am doing here but I hope it has huge impacts.  We love and admire you guys greatly and our prayers and thoughts are always with you!
So until next time, saddle up, ride hard, feel the burn, and when you wake up the next day, do it again!

TNT OUT-

1 comment:

  1. You won't get dehyrated this year with your support crew hounding you every inch of the way to drink, drink, drink!

    ReplyDelete