26 June 2011

Long Weekend

Hello everyone.  The weekend has come to an end with a few miles to talk about.  I had a 3-day weekend to ride and I am pretty greatful considering the weather wasn't very cooperative.  On Friday I headed out thinking of 30 miles or so and well, just sort of kept going a little longer.  I stuck with the country roads and just took one turn after another.  It was great.  I made it home in just under 3 hours and had plenty of time left in the evening to spend time with the family.  I finished with just over 50 miles and I felt great afterwards.
Saturday was going to be one of those days that the mileage and time in the saddle would be dictated by the weather.  I didn't get going until closer to noon as we spent the morning trimming the hedges and bushes in the landscape.  Hey, drive by some day and look at the cool elephant on a merry-go-round I trimmed into the huge cedar tree...okay, just kidding!  That would be pretty cool though, wouldn't it?  So, I headed out and had a great ride going until the weather changed rapidly, as I rode the last 8.5 miles in the rain.  Things got more interesting later that evening as the "monsoon" swept through Chatham.  It was crazy.  I'm not sure how long it rained or how much rain we accumulated but things are still rather soggy around here.
With things a bit wet and having stuff to do, I didn't get on the saddle on Sunday.  So, my weekend wraps up with 83 miles ridden.  Not a huge mileage weekend as I had hoped but that's okay.  I'm currently hovering around 400 miles for the month with four more week-nights to add the mileage.  Maybe I can get to 520 miles by the end of this week.  That's only averaging 30 miles each evening.  And then I'll start a new monthly log on Friday with July already here.
So, I've spent some effort towards getting the word out.  I have business cards that I am carrying around and giving out as often as I can, simply giving the blog url with our logo on the card.  We alos have a story we sent to the local newspaper and we've reached out to one of the local radio stations and TV news stations.  So, we'll just see how it goes for us.
Well, have to go for now.  Will try to post an update each evening, after I get off the bike.  Let's hope the weather clears up and gives me some opportunity to ride without getting soaked.
To all my fellow cyclists out there, keep the cranks spinning and the wheels a turning.  Dig Deep!

TNT OUT-

6 comments:

  1. I'm thinking that we should also do a billboard and maybe a Sunday morning infomercial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Billboard companies have to do PSA ads each month, and they're free! Hmmm...we could have Brady on QVC selling t-shirts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Make sure to include the hedgework in your advertising!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway
    -John Wayne
    Go kick that mountain for kailey TT!
    Love, Mom & Dad

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trent is out riding right now as I type this. He said he's planning on about a 2 1/2 to 3 hour ride tonight. I'm guessing that should be around 50 miles or so. He told me to be on standby for water support. I may have to do another mobile hand-off! Ughhh.... the pressure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can do it, Julie. Dig deep!

    ReplyDelete