21 July 2011

Making Progress

Happy Hot July Everyone!  Instead of be concerned with the 100+ temps we've had in Central Illinois this past week, remember the winter storm we enjoyed earlier this year or how about the current temps in Leadville, CO - 71 degrees as I write this compared to 94 degrees on my home thermometer.  Hmm, look out Colorado, here we come!

Let's start with the newest members of "The Challengers" and "The Peloton" group, Tommy and Emily Johnson.  Thank you for the donation and especially thanks for the pledge...I love the challenges!

As of today and what I have seen thus far, we have raised over $2,100 in pledges and donations for Kailey's Krew.  Closing in on our $7,500 goal but we still need your help. 

Even with the temps holding in the "HOT" category, training still must be done.  Over the past 4 days, I've had 3 rides.  Took Wednesday off as my bike was getting some mechanical attention from Alec.  Temps stayed in the 99+ range for all three ride days and I put in just shy of 100 miles total.  I wonder how much water I consumed?  At least 3 bottles per ride (pit stop at the house on one ride; Alec, Brady and Hannah met me on the course with refills on another ride) I believe.

Gary, Brady, and I had some fun on Wednesday morning.  We went to the WYMG 100.5 FM Radio station and had a great chat with Liz Willis on the Liz and Lynch morning show.  Heard from several folks who all said Brady was the hit of the show.  We are hoping to put a link to the sound byte on the blog soon.  Liz put a link to the blog on the radio website as well.

Have some plans for the weekend to get some good miles in but will tell you all about it in my next Blog post.  For now, I just want to remind everyone what Kailey's Krew - Pedal of Hope is all about and what we are trying to accomplish...
Pedal of Hope is going to complete a bike race in the high mountains of Colorado.  Simply that.  But more importantly, we want to raise awareness and funding for Kailey's Krew, a not-for-profit organization with the mission of providing financial support to families in the Central Illinois area that are enduring the challenges of having a son or daughter suffering from a serious illness and undergoing lengthy and costly medical attention.

SO, IF YOU CAN HELP US OUT, YOU ARE NOT ONLY HELPING US MEET OUR GOAL, YOU WILL BE PROVIDING HELP TO A FAMILY THAT COULD REALLY BENEFIT FROM YOUR DONATION. 

Pass the word and help us exceed our goal.

Thank you and God Bless!  Until my next post, saddle up, dig deep, and ride hard!

TNT OUT-

1 comment: