02 July 2011

Ouch...

Well, today's training ride did let me enjoy the 100 degree temps with the great Illinois humidity.  And I did consume my fluids as directed.  Just didn't quite get the miles I had hoped for...fell short by about 45 or so!  Literally! 

Check out the pix posted on the Blog.  I titled them First Skid of the Season as they are great pix of the road rash on my thigh and outer calf.  YUP, you guesses it, I went down today.  I got a little too much speed into a sharp turn on the bike path and the tires couldn't hold the grip as I took an extreme line into the corner.  Pretty much a knuckle-head move on my part.  My forearm and knee are bothering me more than the skinless areas of my thigh and lower leg but hey, didn't someone once say, pain is only reminding you that you are alive and well?  Who the heck?  Ha-Ha!  Life is Great!

So, after 35 miles and some wonderful road-rash to show off for it, looks like I'll have to re-think my training plans for the rest of the weekend.  I will be back out there tomorrow, guaranteed!

Can someone tell me, is it better to cover up the raw areas or let them breathe?

We hope to have figured out a tracking process and will let everyone know soon...I'm talking about tracking "pledges".  I have folks that are pledging based on my mileage completed and some that are pledging based on how fast I finish...Any ideas or experience with this out there?  Any advice will be great.  As a side-bar, just want those to know that are pledging based on distance I complete...bring out the checkbooks cuz I am going all the way!!!!

Gary and Shelli, I hope your trip out East is going well.  We'll catch up when you get back!

TNT OUT-

3 comments:

  1. One spreadsheet, multiple columns. You had to guess that I'm a Spreadsheet Queen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch! But don't pull those shorts up any highere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had to put my sunglasses on for those white legs lol

    ReplyDelete