26 July 2011

Taking Care of Things

Hey everyone, all is good here.  Sorry for the long wait for my next post.  Sometimes things come up that take priority and making sure Grandma was okay and back home safely was my latest mission over the past couple days.  All is well, thank you!

I've only managed one ride since my last post on the 21st.  I once again fell for the "no problem, you'll be fine" when I checked on joining a local group of riders.  This time I was in Sterling, IL, joining a group of riders at Meads Cycle Shop.  Yup, a group of "Roadies", again.  We had a good out and back for what I recorded as 42 miles.  The last 4 were the "loneliest" as I did end up getting dropped by the group...oh well, it was a good ride regardless and felt good.

Since my last post, we have gained a few more supporters of Kailey's Krew.  Joining the "Peleton" (donations to Kailey's Krew) include:

Russ and Melissa Thompson
Donald and Betty Gail
Aspen Dental

Thank you for joining the Peleton!  You are part of a great group and we truly appreciate your generosity!

As for donations, we're up to $2,300 raised so far.  We are doing great but could really use your help to reach our goal of $7,500!    

And finally, only 18 days until race day.  Only 11 days until we head to Colorado for the final week of training and preparation.  I've had a slight delay in meeting my training goals recently but will be hitting the trail hard and heavy over the next 10 days to get myself ready for the big day...

Stay tuned in and share the word about what we are doing. 

Until my next post..."Saddle Up, Dig Deep, and Ride Hard"!  Is there any other way?

TNT OUT-

No comments:

Post a Comment