06 July 2011

Slight Distraction

Today makes day 4 of not getting out for a training ride and jeepers, it is driving me nutty.  Hopefully things will be better and I'll be back in the saddle tomorrow...I have to be, 5 days without a ride will push me over the edge...ha-ha!


So, as you have probably put it together, the little scrapes are giving me fits.  I did go to work yesterday but had to wear shorts as the hip and lower leg scratches were still a bit raw and I wasn't sure trousers would be a good thing.  Glad I did so but by time I got home last night, I was very stiff and sore.  So, opted not to ride. 

My schedule for today had me on the road and wearing trousers.  Before I made it 20 minutes, my trousers had already rubbed my calf area enough to start some leakage from the scraped area.  So, I had to cover it up for the day.  I made it home a few minutes ago and wow, what being covered for the day can do to a scrape...looks like raw meat again and some serious drainage.  So, I'm sidelined for yet another day.

Well, maybe this makes the challenge even more interesting now.  Anyone out there willing to up the ante on whether I will finish this ride or not?  Anyone thinking this set-back is going to cause me to fall a bit short in this endeavor?  Hmm, I still think you are wrong!  But I'll let you make the first move...

Stay tuned for more from me real soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment