29 July 2011

Minus 15 days until race day

Woo-hoo, I've been back in the saddle for two straight days now...about time, huh?

So, let's see, what's been going on?  For starters, Grandma is doing good.  Back home and back into her routine of gatherings with her close friends.  Thanks to everyone for your prayers and thoughts!

Here is the latest additions to both the "Peleton" (those who have donated) and the "Challengers" (those that have pledged based on my performance)...

"Challengers" include:
Bob Elliott
Jim Kolba

"Peleton" includes:
Aspen Dental
Amy & Peter Bright
Lynne and Colin Tribble
Lyndsey May
Troy & Natalie Bell
Payton Cole

Thank you to everyone for your contributions...yup, I'm feeling sort of confident that even those that made a pledge are truly contributors because, "I'm Feeling Good!"  Ha! 
As of tonight, we have cleared the $3,000 mark (sorry Jandy, but need your help with the update - :)) and hopefully we are still climbing towards our goal of $7,500.  Only a couple weeks before the race so please help us spread the word and raise the bar.

Training is getting back on track now.  Had a good spin last night for 26+ miles to get the legs back.  Was a bit warm with some tasty humidity.  Tonight was even better.  The temps were down in the 80's with the humidity seemingly lower.  Cruised an easy 40+ miles in just over 2 hours.  Did a quick look at my training log and even though I had hoped to have way more miles than what's logged, I'm okay with just over 1,500 miles to date.  We've had a busy year in emergency management and of course, some wonderful Illinois weather (NOT!).  So, it is what it is...we'll still be ready!

My new tires arrived today.  Looking forward to putting the new Kenda tires on my bike.  Will wait until early next week before retiring the training tires to the recycle bin and starting the new knobbies.  Also got my new brake pads...going "organic" with the disc brake pads now!  Woo-hoo!  Okay, so I am really not sure what that means but my "live-in" mechanic (my son Alec) tells me that they are awesome.  Guess we'll find out this weekend, won't we?  Ha!

Well, that's about it for now.  I want to close with asking everyone to take a minute and say a prayer for Gary and Shelli and the entire extended Wilmarth family.  If you get a moment please share a comment with them.  And if you are lucky, some day you'll be fortunate to get to know them and realize how lucky you are to have made their acquaintance.  Love You Guys!

So, in traditional TNT Style, I close with simply reminding you that it is time to "Saddle Up, Dig Deep, and Ride Hard"...Kailey's Krew would expect it no other way!

TNT OUT-

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Gary & Shelli! Hope you're doing well and we're looking forward to seeing Gary in Colorado soon. Shelli, we know you'll be there in spirit!

    ReplyDelete