03 August 2011

Back on the Bike

Well, took a day off yesterday as R&M Cyclery had my bike for a day to give it a total "Go Over" to make sure it is ready for the big trip to Colorado.  Went for a ride tonight and "rode" the brakes quite a bit as we had new pads installed.  Seems like they are good to go now!  Not that I plan on using them in the race, though...ha!  I'll get one more spin on Friday before we make the long trek out to the Rocky Mountain State!  Then back into the groove on Sunday to get my legs loose and ready.

We have new members of the "Peloton" (contributions) to mention.  Annie Anderson, Rob & Linda Bauckham, Jenifer Johnson, and Greg & Roxanne Gardner have all joined the Peloton.  In addition, Jenifer Johnson is a member of the "Challengers" (pledge based on my race performance).

So, this morning, Gary and I visited with the Glenwood Middle School Cross Country Team.  Gary talked to them about the Kailey's Krew mission and I talked to them about the Pedal of Hope mission and the Leadville Trail 100 Mountain Bike Race.  Kailey was XC Runner at GMS!  Welcome to Kailey's Krew GMS XC and best of luck with your 2011 season!

So, the trick is, can you find me amongst the kids?  When did 11, 12, and 13 year old kids get so darn tall?  Only reason they were asked to sit or take a knee was because you couldn't find me in the picture if they didn't.  Ha-Ha!

Will be on the road for work but will return with a Blog update Friday night, before we head west.  Until then...all together now, "Saddle Up, Dig Deep, and Ride Hard"!

TNT OUT-

1 comment:

  1. Are you the one in the lime green shirt in the front row? Ha Ha!!

    Let's go GMS X-Country! I know you all will ROCK in getting those pledge sheets filled out!

    ReplyDelete